How do I wash my down jacket?
While it is possible to wash your down jacket, we recommend that you have your jacket professionally cleaned by a service that specializes in cleaning down.
To machine wash:
• Zip all zippers and attach all hook & loop fasteners.
• Turn garment inside out.
• Use only front-loading washing machine
• Use mild powder detergent – Please do not use liquid detergent.
• Wash in cold water/gentle cycle.
• Use 2 rinse cycles
• After washing, remove jacket and gently squeeze out excess water
• Lay jacket on a towel and press with a clean towel on top to absorb excess water
• Drying could take several hours
• Tumble dry in large commercial dryer on low heat
• Check garment every 15 minutes for overheating and to fluff out any clumps of down that may have developed. Gently shake and redistribute down as it is drying
• When jacket is nearly dry, lay flat or hang to finish drying completely
• DO NOT use top-loading washing machine
• DO NOT use bleach, liquid detergent, or fabric softener
• DO NOT dry out in the sun (UV can damage the nylon fabric)
• DO NOT store garment when it is wet